Pedestrian Safety Lab
Pedestrian and occupant safety lab is the first of its kind in South India. This lab has been built to cater the need for the automobile manufacturers all over India. The pedestrian lab and occupant safety lab has the ability not only to perform tests according to Indian standards but International regulations as well.
Tests that can be performed:
- Regulation 78/2009 (Phase I /II)
- EuroNCAP – Pedestrians
- FMVSS201U - US Regulation
- ECE R12
- ECE R21
- GTR9 (Global Technical Regulation)
- TRIAS 63-2004, Japanese Regulation
- JNCAP – Pedestrian
- Maximum speed of 54km/h
- Impact point precision: 5mm radius
- Main structure on rail system
- Longitudinal regulation:1500mm
- Lateral regulation:+/-2000 mm
- Transversal beam regulation:1000 mm
- Vertical regulation:500 –3000 mm
- Motorized movement
- Positioning using encoders
- Laser pointer for precision.
- Static calibration and dynamic calibration benches for the impactors.
- Head drop test stand.
- Bedplate with T-slots for mounting the fixtures.
- 5 degrees of freedom.
- High speed cameras of 2000fps recording capability.
- Aicon 3D system for measuring deformation.
- Max.Velocity:7 m/s
- Velocity accuracy: + 0.20 km/h
- Repeatability: + 0.15 km/h
- Impactor Mass: 6.5 kg
- Horizontal angle: 00
- Max. Horizontal divergence:±0.10
- Vertical angle:-10 to 500
- Max.Vertical divergence:±0.10
- Impact point precision: 5 mm radius.